By 1911, Citizens of Henry County wanted and needed a better courthouse. On December 23, 1911, revised plans submitted by architect
Royer of the stone courthouse, 82' x 106' were accepted. By May 12, 1912 excavation was started in the center of the whole courthouse block
for the $100,000 new courthouse. By March 27, 1914, the decorator started to work and equipment installation began.
It was finished and occupied August 4, 1914. The total cost of the project was about $150,000 including the cost of real estate purchased.
The brick jail house which stood immediately south of the previous jail was moved to the present site of our law center.
The Hill brick home which was located about in the center of the west side of the courthouse block was moved across the street west and additions made. Hallie Ott, the last granddaughter descendant, in Mt. Pleasant lived in the house until it was torn down and the area was used as a parking lot.
Several other residences were either moved or demolished to make the courthouse lawn suitable for such a large building.
The supervisors at this time were M.W. Harshbarger, C. W. Gamble and John R. Hughes. In 1912 the Mt. Pleasant brick and tile factory, west end of Monroe St., made over 700,000 bricks that were used in the construction.